Friday, May 15, 2015

Asian Inspired Noodles

I am a huge fan of Chinese/Asian cuisine. In fact, it is really my arch nemesis. I cannot tell you how many times I have been on plan, sailing along just fine then WHAM! I am sent flying off track due to an indulgence at the China Buffet. Eeek!

I threw this together to satisfy a craving the other night and WOW they were SO good. I am not a big fan of soy - actually, I am quite a non-fan (PCOS and soy... ugh.. but that is for another post!) but I think in strict moderation it can be forgiven.

I actually paired this with a seafood mix but we (the handsome hubby and I) really didn't care for the mix so next time I am going to just use chicken!

Asian Inspired Noodles

1 Package of Tofu Shirataki Noodles - I found these at Ingles but I actually saw them at Walmart yesterday too, they are in the produce section where all the tofu stuff is. They have a natural ferment-y aroma so you will want to rinse them under cold water in a colander.



2 T of Natural Peanut Butter - I use Laura Scudder's because it doesn't have any added sugar. I only had nutty so I used it and it was fine - I did find the bits of crunchy to be slightly off-putting though so I recommend creamy instead.

Add your noodles to a small sauce pan with a small pat of butter. When the butter has started to melt, you can add your peanut butter to the sauce pan and gently stir it until it melts into the noodles. I then added a teaspoon or two of soy sauce.
And that's it! I tossed it with the seafood mix but next time, I am going to stir fry some chicken pieces and use it instead. I was also thinking about adding snow peas and a little onion next time too. The possibilities are endless!  I felt like we were having Chinese takeout at home. ^_^

This is the nutritional input from MyFitnessPal:
11g total Carbs
- 5g Fiber

6g Net Carbs for the whole dish




No comments:

Post a Comment