Saturday, August 24, 2013

Cheese Snacks - Puffs & Crisps

I have seen this idea floating around the low-carb community over the years but I never got around to actually putting it to the test until tonight. I was VERY happy with my results and wanted to share!!!

Cheese Crisps

 These remind me of fried cheese ^_^

Hard Cheese, sliced thin and then cut into squares like this, the amount will vary depending on how many crisps you want! Place them on a piece of parchment paper - it doesn't need to be sprayed or anything.


Pop them in the microwave - in my microwave, I cooked them for 1 minute but yours may need a little less time or a little more time depending on your microwave. You want them to look like this.


Let them cool - they will crisp up a bit more as they cool down - you should be able to pick them up like chips now! They are really good!!!!!





                                               

                                        
  Cheese Puffs


Two slices of American-type Cheese, I used White American. You want to quarter each slice so you wind up with 8 squares.











 Pop these in the microwave for the same amount of time as the crisps!These will puff up with air instead of spreading out and becoming lacy like the others.






Here are both of the finished products. I am undecided on a favorite - they are both sooooo yummy! The puffs are a bit more carby then the crisps because of the processed cheese - mine was 1g/slice but 2g for 8 of these is actually pretty good. They are VERY satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment