Monday, November 10, 2014

Low Carb Jello Cheesecake

Low Carb Jello Cheesecake

1 Block Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 Small box of SF jello - any flavor you like
1 Cup of boiling water
Sweetener to taste - I use 4 drops of  Ez Sweetz
Whipped Heavy Cream - optional



Allow cream cheese to soften or pop it in the microwave if you are as impatient as I am! If you nuke it, allow it to cool a bit! Mix a bit of sweetener into your softened cream cheese. You don't need much since the jello is already sweetened.

Mix your jello with one cup of boiling water until well dissolved, allow to cool.

Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese into your cooled jello. I left my cream cheese a bit chunky in the mixture because I like pockets of cream cheese goodness in mine BUT you can beat it smooth as well!

Poor your mixture into a glass pie plate and allow to set. I let my set overnight but I am guessing it would be completely set within a few hours maybe.

Top with whipped cream if you prefer

The whole pie is 16g of carbs from the Cream Cheese (remember when PCC was 1g!?)
but I cut it into 8 slices for 2g per slice not including the whipped cream which would add negligible carbs if you went easy on it.

It was really very good - this has a light airy texture, not dense like NY style cheesecake.


No comments:

Post a Comment