Saturday, July 13, 2013

Cinnamon Clouds 1.75g/Per!

In my SAD (sorry ass diet ^_^ ) days I used to LOVE those cinnamon buns that you can get in the roll with the fake-as-all-get-out cream cheese icing. They used to be one of my favorite breakfast foods. There are a TON of recipes for "mock" cinnamon rolls floating around on the interwebs but most of them require ingredients that I don't use/keep stocked in my cupboard. This morning I was feeling brave and decided to see what I could come up with using the ingredients I already had on hand.

Ingredients:




The "Rolls"
3 eggs, separated
3 oz Softened Cream Cheese
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
6 Drops of Ez Sweetz
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar




 The Cream Cheese Frosting
3 oz softened Cream Cheese - I think next time I may even drop this down to 2oz, the frosting was VERY rich
4 Drops of Ez Sweetz
3/4 Stick of softened Butter - this could also be decreased to 1/2 a stick I think
2 TBS Cream
1 TBS Water
Dusting of Cinnamon for the tops

You want to separate your eggs, being super careful not to get even a drop of yolk into your whites (the tiniest bit of yolk can keep your egg whites from setting) add in your cream of tartar and beat them on high until stiff peaks form


You can set these aside and now beat together your yolks, sweetener, cinnamon and cream cheese until the cream cheese is well incorporated into the egg yolk. Then you want to GENTLY fold this into your egg whites. DO NOT "MIX" - you want to fold it in, being careful not to damage your peaks in the process.



Once you have your yolk mixture well incorporated into the whites you can start to mound them out onto a greased cookie sheet. You want to definitely make sure to grease your pan! I used cooking spray.


I baked these in a 325 degree oven for 30 minutes. I can't guarantee that to be the correct cooking time - my oven is ancient and sometimes has a mind of its own. I would suggest that you check them after 25 minutes. They should be a nice golden brown when you pull them out. They should feel kind of "springy" to the touch.


Let these babies cool just a bit while you mix all of your frosting ingredients then slather them with frosting and dig in!! They are really fluffy and rich and they pair VERY well with a hot cup of coffee.


These work out to be roughly 1.8g/carbs per bun including the frosting. Here's the carb breakdown:

6oz Cream Cheese (7.2g)
3 Eggs (1.8g)
2 TBSP HWC (0.8g)
1 tsp Cinnamon (0.7g)
 Total Carb Count: 1.75g Per Bun or 10.5g for the entire recipe!


1 comment: