Thursday, January 2, 2014

Super Simple Creamy Mashed Cauliflower



This recipe is so simple but it tastes phenomenal. It is by far the best mashed cauliflower I have ever eaten.
I have tried this dish using numerous different recipes with some pretty extravagant ingredients but I never loved any of them. I wasn't expecting this super simple version to wow me but it did!!



What You Will Need:

1/2 Small/Med Head Raw Cauliflower*
2 oz Cream Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
Food Processor*

Steam your cauliflower however it is that you steam it! I steam mine in the microwave because it is fast and easy. You just want to make sure to drain any excess water if you wind up with any because the thick and creamy consistency of this dish is a big part of what makes it sooo good! Once your cauliflower is steamed nice and tender - you should be able to pierce the stem part very easily with a fork - drop it into your food processor with your cream cheese and blend it until smooth but be careful not to over-blend it or you will break it down and make it runny. It should have the consistency of home-style mashed potatoes. Once you get the right consistency, salt and pepper it to taste and they are ready to eat!! This could probably make two small servings but I ate it as one hearty serving because they were sooo good and my honey bunny doesn't like cooked cauliflower anyway. It also reheated really well in the microwave so I think this could be made in advance for busy day meals!

* I haven't tried this yet with frozen cauliflower and I haven't experimented with larger amounts of cauliflower.

* If you don't have a food processor you might be able to do this with a hand masher but I am not sure if you will be able to get the same consistency.

Here is the carb breakdown: 

Cauliflower: 5g
Cream Cheese: 2g

Total: 7g for the Whole Dish and sooo worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment