Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Fresh Yummies!

I have decided to rededicate myself to this blog! I can't possibly post EVERY day but I am going to challenge myself to post at least once a week, more so when time allows. I am VERY fortunate that I fell in love with a serious Mr. Green Thumb. Our garden has done wonderfully, yielding us a small truckload of scrumptious fresh produce. This load was from ONE picking:




I am up to my ears in Zucchini! Needless to say, I have been scouring the interwebs for all kinds of Zucchini recipes! I have found some pretty good ones and created a few of my own as well. My greasy beans also did WONDERFUL. They came in nice and full and beautiful!


I have been canning these babies as I pick them - they are by far THE BEST green bean I have ever eaten. They are a mountain bean and not very common therefore it has proven difficult to find an exact carb count for these babies but I am guessing they are similar to other green beans in count and so I figure about 5g/Cup which is just a smidge higher then your typical green bean. I know I can eat them and remain in ketosis just fine and they are simply DELICIOUS! Here they are after I canned them up in my pressure canner along with some of my Zucchini Pickles.


Lastly - I have rediscovered my cheekbones! This is a recent picture of me, taken a couple of days ago. I really love how my face is actually acquiring SHAPE (something other then just ROUND! LOL)



No comments:

Post a Comment