Thursday, December 20, 2012

For the Love of Food!

I'm enjoying a lazy day off today so I haven't done much in the way of cooking. My super-yummy-honey-bunny made us breakfast this morning. He makes great eggs! Due to our conflicting schedules, it's rare for the two of us to actually have breakfast together so breakfast was a special treat today. For lunch I threw together a refrigerator salad and he had a can of soup. I'm telling ya, it's been a gourmet day!! ^_~

Anyhoo, I have been thinking about this blog all day!! Now don't you feel special? Great! You should! I used to do a lot of blogging years ago when myspace was still the 'in thing'. I haven't done it since and I'm feeling a bit like the tin-man! I decided to go back and read some of my old blogs in hopes that it would trigger the witty, clever writer that lurks somewhere beneath this girl, to resurface. No such luck. Maybe we can slowly coax her to come out and play again? If not, I guess you guys are just stuck with me!

I am going to add a link to my you tube channel somewhere on this blog. I haven't added any new videos in a couple of years but I am planning on picking it back up soon. I haven't been able to bring myself to go back and watch any of my Vlogs yet. Seeing myself on video just makes me cringe.

I have pork chops thawing for dinner tonight. I'm thinking grilled pork chops with a sherry mushroom sauce, sauerkraut and a crisp salad. Did I mention that I just love food? Yes, yes - I know that this is partly what caused my weight problems to begin with! I think that is probably why low calorie diets never worked for me. I love to eat. I have no shame in admitting it either. Fortunately, low-carbing gives me the best of both worlds. I eat delicious, healthful, wholesome foods and I lose weight doing it! I haven't stopped eating, I have just modified what I am eating.

I wasn't kidding when I said I love food. I love everything about food. I love the sights, the smells, the textures. I can spend hours leisurely wandering around the grocery store. This drives most people crazy, there isn't a person who knows me that would ever volunteer to go grocery shopping with me!! ^_^
Of course, since I love food so much it only stands to reason that I also love to prepare it. I really love creating original recipes and tweaking existing ones to fit my lifestyle. I will start sharing some of them in future blog posts :)

Smaller Jeans!







No comments:

Post a Comment